Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Never Let Your Fear Make Your Decisions for You...

There are a lot of emotions in this world that can make you feel sick to your stomach, but perhaps the worst emotion of all is fear. When I think about all that I failed to do in my life because my fears got the best of me, I feel sad and ache inside. I am so grateful that I learned to Never Let Your Fear Make Your Decisions for You...

When deciding to go to college, I had a love of fashion but knew I was good in science. So instead of stepping out into the unknown and risking the fear of failure I chose my comfort zone and went to school to become a nurse. After graduation I went on to become a successful Pediatric ICU nurse for many years. But yet again I was unhappy with my choice and actually so stressed out I got Burnt Out. Burnt Out and Stressed out,I was Faced with a choice here of starting in a new industry- personal development or stay in nursing, I chose to face my fears and walk away from nursing, something i was not happy with to start in an industry that was almost brand new to me. I had never had my own business before, but I knew without a doubt I wanted it.

Throughout my life there have been chances I never took, friends I never made, places i never visited all because of these very ugly, very real fears. I like how Shakespeare put it in 'Measure for Measure' :

Our doubts are traitors
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt.


The best advice i ever received was "Don't let your fears make your decisions. You make your decisions!" And this little piece of advice changed my life over 6 years ago.

Think of all the things that would never have been accomplished by people if they did not act in the face of fear. Think of the things you took action on despite fear.

Acting in the face of fear will never be easy, but you will always be glad you did.

So even when that little voice inside is saying "You stink" "You'll fail" "Don't try" Never let your fears make your decisions. You make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment