Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Life of Purpose....

Figure out what you love to do as early as you can and then organize your life around figuring out how to make a living at it.

Have you ever asked yourself the question "How do I know I what I'm doing is what I'm meant to be doing with my life? How do I know that I have found my purpose? Is it too late to change?"

I asked myself these very questions almost 6 years ago when i was working as a pediatric nurse and the answer was not surprising to me that I was not living my life on purpose.

Its easy to get caught up in a career that you think your suppose to be doing and then end up doing it for many years, going through the motions, unhappy day after day.

The answer to the question, am i living my life on purpose actually doesn't have to be difficult, just check your emotions. Are you happy? If you can say that you feel happiness and enthusiasm towards what you do than congratulations you are living your life on purpose. Unfortunately as i mentioned i was not. So how do you go about changing this?

Here are a few quick exercises you can do to help yourself get clear.

#1 What specific words evoke emotion in you? For example: creativity, enthusiasm, love, energy, powerful, empower, freedom

#2 What are some famous quotes or phrases that you like?
For me it is "Whether you think you can or can't your right. And Champions believe in themselves even when no one else does."

#3 List some of your unique personal qualities.
For example: coach able, committed, persistent, focused, great listening skills, etc

#4 List some ways you enjoy expressing the qualities you listed above.

#5 Look at the words, qualities, quotes and actions you listed above. DO they begin to reveal something about you? Chances are they are showing you ideas about what your life's purpose is.

For me I began to see that I loved empowering and inspiring others to reach their goals and potential in life by living my life with enthusiasm and integrity. Which in turn lead me to work in personal development media and education.


"Decide upon your major definite purpose in life and then organize all your activities around it." -- Brian Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment